Glen Iris Private is a registered day procedure centre with the Department of health, Victoria.
Glen Iris Private also has accreditation to The National Safety and Quality Standards September 2012. To obtain further information about these standards go to www.safetyandquality.gov.au
View our National Standards certificate here.
Glen Iris Private has a strong commitment to safety and quality and this is reflected in our approach to:
- Creating safe environments and systems of work for our staff.
- Reviewing and improving on a continuous basis the performance of our patient safety and quality systems.
- Assisting our healthcare professionals and Visiting Medical Practitioners to monitor the safety and quality of care they provide.
- Ensuring accountability for the safety and quality of care at all levels of our organisation, reporting through to our highest level of governance the Senior Management Team.
- Clinical Risk Management (making sure our services are safe and minimising risk of error).
- Clinical Effectiveness (making sure that the clinical services we provide are effective).
- Effective workforce (making sure that our staff are competent and up-to-date).
- Consumer Participation (involving our patients and carers in their care).
Glen Iris Private has a comprehensive infection prevention and control program in place. Our facility and staff are regularly audited for compliance with national infection prevention and control guidelines, Australian Standards for reprocessing of reusable instruments (AS 4187), GENCA and Acorn Guidelines.
If you would like more information on our Safety and Quality performance, or would like to assist with reviewing any of our Safety and Quality initiatives, our Director of Nursing, Patricia Humphries is happy to be contacted at any time on 98087111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Glen Iris Private encourages feedback from our patients via our patient satisfaction surveys. If you are not offered a survey then you can ask the nursing staff caring for you to give you one. This website also contains a link to the Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights which suggests a number of ways for you to express your concerns.
NFR/Treatment Limiting Form
If you have an NFR or Treatment Limiting Form please let the nursing staff at Glen Iris Private know prior to your admission.